Hi, I’m Barry Friswold,
I’m leading a social justice hike on Sun. May 22*
The funds raised will go directly to Lutheran Volunteer Corps where I spent a year living in Washington D.C. working in social justice.
Boston is known as “The Walking City,” so I thought it would be fun to start at my house in the South End (across Street from the Sunday SOWA Open Market and Beer Garden ) and explore the city in segments so people can join all or parts of the walk.
The hike segments with rough time estimates are as follows:
- South End (at SOWA Markets) to Trinity Church in Back Bay (.8 Mile; approx. 30 min)
- Trinity Church in Copley Square through Newbury Street and Commonwealth Avenue through Public Garden to Beacon Hill (.9 Mile; approx. 30 min)
- Beacon Hill past State House, Boston Common, historic cemeteries to Holocaust Memorial near Faneuil Hall (1 Mile; approx. 45 min)
- Past Long Wharf along Rose Kennedy Greenway to Seaport District (.9 Mile; approx. 30 min)
- Beverage break on rooftop at Envoy Hotel (approx. 30-60 min)
- End Day train back to South End SOWA Market or walk along Greenway/Fort Point Channel (1.7 Mile; approx. 45 min)
The full day will start at 10:30 and end between 2:30 and 4.
Walking/Hiking at your own risk. Please wear comfortable shoes and carry water. Please watch out for those Boston drivers – and let’s have some fun hiking and exploring Boston on foot!
You can sign up and sponsor Barry’s LVC Hike-A-Thon in Boston. Once on that page, look for my name and sponsor me on the LVC Hike-a-Thon page.
Its easy – Just Click and search for my name:
REGISTER: “Sounds like fun! I’d like to join you walking around Boston on May 22, 2022”. Here is my registration information:
I’ll reach out with details once you sponsor and resister using the form below.
*Rain date, if necessary, will be announced the week of the event.
Lutheran Volunteer Corp is a 501(c)3 non-profit and will put your donation to good use in its social justice mission in various US cities. Thanks for your support! Barry